Attorney Michael Radak received a significantly reduced trial verdict after attacking plaintiff’s damages claims in slip and fall trial. Plaintiff, a 76 year old female, tripped and fell on a mat entering the defendant’s grocery store. Plaintiff had approximately $12,000 in medical bills for a herniated disc and physical therapy. Plaintiff’s pre-trial demand was $90,000 and rejected a settlement offer of $25,000. Plaintiff’s counsel asked for $111,000 in closing at trial. After a 10% reduction for plaintiff’s contributory negligence, a verdict was entered in favor of plaintiff for $12,000.
- Jury Returns Verdict in favor of Hospital and Emergency Medicine Physicians
- Judge Grants Summary Judgment in favor of Hospital and Emergency Medicine Physician
- Jury Returns Verdict in favor of Health System and Family Practice Physician
- Victory on Claims of Excessive Force Against Task Force Members
- Radiologist not guilty of failing to diagnose lung cancer in a 40-year-old male which resulted in his death and, who was survived by a wife and 4 children
Although we strive for accuracy, the content of our blog is intended for informational purposes only. It is not intended to solicit business or to provide legal advice. Laws differ by jurisdiction, and the information may not apply to every reader. You should not take, or refrain from taking, any legal action based upon the information contained on this blog without first seeking professional counsel.
Your use of the blog does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and LGLJ.