Tom Weiler and John Masters successfully defended four members of the DuPage County Tactical Narcotics Team (TNT) from federal Sec. 1983 claims of excessive force. In a four day trial before U.S. District Court Judge Sharon Johnson Coleman, Tom and John represented two Lisle and two Woodridge police officers assigned to the TNT. Two of the officers were dismissed at the close of the plaintiff’s case on a motion for a directed finding, while the remaining two officers were cleared by a federal jury. All were part of an undercover operation to arrest a known drug dealer in DuPage County. Claims of failure to intervene were also dismissed at the close of the plaintiff’s case.
- Jury Returns Verdict in favor of Hospital and Emergency Medicine Physicians
- Judge Grants Summary Judgment in favor of Hospital and Emergency Medicine Physician
- Jury Returns Verdict in favor of Health System and Family Practice Physician
- Victory on Claims of Excessive Force Against Task Force Members
- Radiologist not guilty of failing to diagnose lung cancer in a 40-year-old male which resulted in his death and, who was survived by a wife and 4 children
Although we strive for accuracy, the content of our blog is intended for informational purposes only. It is not intended to solicit business or to provide legal advice. Laws differ by jurisdiction, and the information may not apply to every reader. You should not take, or refrain from taking, any legal action based upon the information contained on this blog without first seeking professional counsel.
Your use of the blog does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and LGLJ.