A Cook County judge granted a motion to dismiss filed by Bill Weiler, John Masters, and Kyle Lewis and threw out a defamation lawsuit filed against a church pastor arising out of a dispute between the pastor and a former church leader and member. The plaintiff had alleged that the pastor had defamed him after removing the plaintiff from his leadership position with the church. The court barred the plaintiff from refilling the defamation claim.
- Jury Returns Verdict in favor of Hospital and Emergency Medicine Physicians
- Judge Grants Summary Judgment in favor of Hospital and Emergency Medicine Physician
- Jury Returns Verdict in favor of Health System and Family Practice Physician
- Victory on Claims of Excessive Force Against Task Force Members
- Radiologist not guilty of failing to diagnose lung cancer in a 40-year-old male which resulted in his death and, who was survived by a wife and 4 children
Although we strive for accuracy, the content of our blog is intended for informational purposes only. It is not intended to solicit business or to provide legal advice. Laws differ by jurisdiction, and the information may not apply to every reader. You should not take, or refrain from taking, any legal action based upon the information contained on this blog without first seeking professional counsel.
Your use of the blog does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and LGLJ.