Phone (630) 653-5775
Fax (630) 653-5980
Chris Dunsing is an active litigation defense and coverage counsel practicing at the state and federal trial and appellate court levels.
From a liability defense perspective, Chris has successfully represented clients and insureds in personal injury (including premises liability, construction accident and products liability), professional liability (including medical malpractice and real estate agent/broker liability), employment liability, real estate dispute, contract dispute, transportation and shipping, consumer fraud and specialty statutory actions, such as the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (47 U.S.C. § 227 et seq.), the Fair Credit Reporting Act (15 USC § 1681 et seq.), the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (15 USC § 1692 et seq.) and Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. § 2301 et seq.)
From an insurance coverage perspective, Chris has worked with insurers of all sizes to navigate complex coverage questions in a variety of lines, including primary and excess automobile, business owner’s/CGL, property, errors and omissions, construction and builder’s risk policies. He has obtained many favorable declaratory judgment rulings for his insurance company clients. He appreciates counseling insurers on the risks associated with policy language on a macro-level as well as on a case-by-case basis. Chris has been named as an “Illinois Rising Star” by Super Lawyers, and is rated AV Preeminent® by Martindale Hubbell, which is the highest possible rating standard available based on a peer review.
Chris looks forward to the challenge of each case and its successful resolution. When he is not working diligently to get the best possible results for his clients, he enjoys spending time with his three children.
Areas of Practice:
Commercial Real Estate
Construction Injury – Defense
Consumer Fraud – Defense
Insurance Coverage – Commercial Property, Commercial General Liability, E/O
Medical Malpractice – Defense
Motor Vehicle Accident – Defense
Personal Injury – Defense
Professional Liability – Defense
U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 2007
DePaul University College of Law, Chicago, Illinois, 2006
Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, CA, 2002
B.S., Political Science
Publications and Speaking Engagements:
Co-Author, Chapter 6 – The Parol Evidence Rule and Contract Interpretation, Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education (IICLE) Contract Law, 2008, 2013 and 2016.
Speaker, Insured Settlements and Excess Consent Judgments After Insurer Denies Coverage: Navigating Insurers’ Duty to Indemnify in the Face of Collaborative Settlements Between Insureds and Third-Party Plaintiffs. Stafford Publications CLE Webinar. January 28, 2015 and March, 2017.
Recent representative achievements for Christopher
- Plaintiff’s Appeal of Summary Judgment For Grocery Store on Mixed Products Liability and Premises Liability Action Dismissed Pursuant to Technical Defect
- $1 Million Dollar Roof Damaged by Adjacent High Rise Construction
- Commercial Litigation – Obtained Complete Dismissal of Breach of Warranty Claim in Trial Court and Successfully Argued Case on Appeal
- Contest “Winner” Sues and Loses Consumer Fraud Case to Firm Client
- Summary Judgment in Insurance Coverage Dispute Saves Insurance Client
- Spontaneous Combustion at Bar Damages Client’s Business and Property
- Church Not Liable for Accident Victim’s Brain Damage
- Consumer Fraud Case Successfully Resolved for Automobile Dealership
- Commercial Litigation – Arbitration Win for Client