Spontaneous Combustion at Bar Damages Client’s Business and Property

Steve Johnson and Chris Dunsing obtained a substantial recovery for the insurance carrier of an insured whose business and property were damaged when a fire, most likely caused by improper storage of stain-soaked rags, ignited in the adjacent bar which was being renovated.  The recovery from both the general contractor and the painting contractor was obtained without the need to initiate a lawsuit based upon the investigation performed by Steve and Chris as well as the detailed damages package assembled and sent to the insurance carriers for the responsible parties.  The recovery shows the value of retaining counsel as soon as possible following a fire to investigate the claim.