A Cook County judge entered a directed verdict in favor of Bill Weiler’s client, a church in a case in which the plaintiff suffered serious injuries due to a fall on the church’s property. The plaintiff had alleged that her injuries had been caused by the church’s failure to properly maintain its property. Mr. Weiler argued that the plaintiff had failed to submit sufficient evidence to allow the case to go to the jury. The judge agreed and dismissed the case after the plaintiff rested.
- Jury Returns Verdict in favor of Hospital and Emergency Medicine Physicians
- Judge Grants Summary Judgment in favor of Hospital and Emergency Medicine Physician
- Jury Returns Verdict in favor of Health System and Family Practice Physician
- Victory on Claims of Excessive Force Against Task Force Members
- Radiologist not guilty of failing to diagnose lung cancer in a 40-year-old male which resulted in his death and, who was survived by a wife and 4 children
Although we strive for accuracy, the content of our blog is intended for informational purposes only. It is not intended to solicit business or to provide legal advice. Laws differ by jurisdiction, and the information may not apply to every reader. You should not take, or refrain from taking, any legal action based upon the information contained on this blog without first seeking professional counsel.
Your use of the blog does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and LGLJ.