Lisa Munch successfully tried and defended a health system and family practice physician against a medical malpractice claim pending in Stephenson County regarding an alleged failure to investigate symptoms that could have led to an earlier diagnosis of Membranoproliferative Glomerulonephritis (MPGN). Plaintiff sought over $30 million in damages. The Court granted directed verdict as to nursing allegations. The jury’s verdict and the directed verdict were affirmed by the Illinois Appellate Court. Petition to the Illinois Supreme Court for leave to appeal was denied.
- Jury Returns Verdict in favor of Hospital and Emergency Medicine Physicians
- Judge Grants Summary Judgment in favor of Hospital and Emergency Medicine Physician
- Jury Returns Verdict in favor of Health System and Family Practice Physician
- Victory on Claims of Excessive Force Against Task Force Members
- Radiologist not guilty of failing to diagnose lung cancer in a 40-year-old male which resulted in his death and, who was survived by a wife and 4 children
Although we strive for accuracy, the content of our blog is intended for informational purposes only. It is not intended to solicit business or to provide legal advice. Laws differ by jurisdiction, and the information may not apply to every reader. You should not take, or refrain from taking, any legal action based upon the information contained on this blog without first seeking professional counsel.
Your use of the blog does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and LGLJ.