Phone (312) 704-6700
Fax (312) 704-6777
John Langhenry is one of the founding partners of Langhenry, Gillen, Lundquist & Johnson, LLC and is an active litigator. John practices primarily in the area of civil litigation defense. His clients include insurance carriers, business owners, physicians, long-term healthcare facilities, property owners, various health care professionals and retail establishments among others. In his years of practice, John has successfully tried to verdict numerous cases where there has been exposure in the millions of dollars.
John received his undergraduate degree in Government from the University of Notre Dame. He received his J.D. degree from Loyola University of Chicago School of Law. While at Loyola, John was the recipient of the Loyola University School of Law Leadership and Service Award. He has an “AV – Preeminent” rating by Martindale-Hubbell, which is their highest possible ranking and is based on peer review as to legal ability and ethics. John is a member of the federal trial bar, as well as, the Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel, the Defense Research Institute, and the Illinois State Bar Association. He speaks to various groups of professionals and attorneys on subjects involving civil litigation including litigation techniques, premises liability, medical malpractice and nursing home litigation among others.
Recent representative achievements for John
- Radiologist not guilty of failing to diagnose lung cancer in a 40-year-old male which resulted in his death and, who was survived by a wife and 4 children
- Neurologist and practice were found not guilty after patient suffered a stroke 12 days after being diagnosed with BPPV by the neurologist
- Jury found it was appropriate for a physician to place a patient with multiple medical problems in a non-telemetry bed, where patient subsequently died from a sudden arrhythmia
- Radiologist not guilty of failing to diagnose a lunate fracture
- Jury found in favor of Internist in an alleged failure to diagnose breast cancer
- Psychiatrist not guilty when hospitalized patient commits suicide while on unsupervised pass
- Verdict in favor of construction company property owner for alleged negligence in concealing hole
- Verdict in favor of Radiologist for alleged failure to diagnose bowel perforation
- Verdict in favor of Psychiatrist for admitting teen to psychiatric facility for over 3 months allegedly against his will
- Verdict in favor of Psychiatrist for allegedly prescribing cardiotoxic medications which caused cardiac arrest