Munster, Indiana and Chicago, Illinois
Phone Chicago: (312) 704-6700; Munster: (219) 595-5402
Fax Chicago: (312) 704-6777; Munster: (219) 595-5970
John Masters is a partner in the firm’s Chicago, Illinois and Munster, Indiana offices. He has represented individuals, municipalities, insurance companies, non-profit entities, and corporate entities including closely-held companies and family businesses. His practice areas include business and corporate law; real estate sale and leasing; insurance coverage and insurance defense litigation; municipal law; and employment practices litigation. A substantial part of his practice is devoted to civil litigation, and he has tried cases in state court, administrative tribunals, and federal court. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Notre Dame in 2006 and his Juris Doctor from Loyola University Chicago in 2009. Since 2019, he has served consecutive two-year terms on the Lake County Bar Association’s Board of Managers.
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2010
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana, 2017
Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Chicago, Illinois, 2009 J.D.
University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana, 2006 B.A.
Recent representative achievements for John
- Officer Prevails at Trial and on Appeal on Arrestee’s Claim of Malicious Prosecution and Equal Protection Violation
- Victory on Claims of Excessive Force Against Task Force Members
- Church and Pastors Not Liable for Violations of Computer Privacy Laws
- Church Pastor Not Liable for Defamation
- School Not Liable for Defamation